There are countless physical and mental health benefits of keeping your employees hydrated, which have a significant influence on a team’s performance. Check out the interesting statistics and facts below provided by Water Logic to help you understand what you may be missing out on if you have a dehydrated work force.
PROPERLY HYDRATED WORKERS ARE MORE PRODUCTIVE
- In order to maintain peak levels of productivity, the body needs to be fully hydrated.
- Just a 1% drop in hydration could lead to a 12% drop in productivity.
- A 3% to 4% drop in hydration could lead to a drop in productivity of between 25% and 50%.
YOUR BODY NEEDS WATER
When you take a look at the amount of water present in the various parts of a healthy, hydrated body, you will begin to understand the importance of being properly hydrated at all times. Overall, the human body is made up of approximately 70% water, with certain organs containing much higher ratios than this.
- 90% of the mass of your lungs is actually water.
- 85% of your blood is water, believe it or not.
- 80% of your skin’s mass is made up of water.
- 75% of your brain’s compositions is fact water.
- 75% of your muscles are made up of water.
- 24% of human bones consist of water.
A HYDRATED BODY IS A HEALTHIER BODY
- Physical Performance: It is not unusual to lose 5% to 10% of your body’s water content during vigorous exercise.
- Energy, Focus, & Brainpower: Dehydration can lead to lack of energy, difficulty in concentrating, and sub-optimal brain function.
- Headache Relief: Dehydration is believed to be a major contributing factor in the occurrence of headaches and migraines.
- Better Metabolism: Correctly hydrated people are less likely suffer from constipation, which is an excellent reason to increase your water consumption.
- Regulating Moods: Several studies have proven dehydration can lead to negative moods? and interfere with a person’s ability to think rationally.
- Faster Weight Loss: If you are on a calorie-controlled diet, research has shown drinking several liters of water can help boost your metabolism.
CONQUERING DEHYDRATION IN THE WORKPLACE
- Install mineral or fresh water dispenser, ideally with both hot and cold water
- Drink 2.5 litters, at least, a day. Find out how much YOU should drink any day via bePrana mobile app
- Minimize coffee and alcohol (contain chemicals that cause water-loss)*
- Increase intakes of water-rich fruits**