Sleep is a vital part of your overall health and wellbeing. However, Most people don’t get enough sleep. We are a society that burns the candle at both ends, a nation where people stay up all night to study, work, or have fun.
Get enough sleep and you’ll boost everything from your energy levels to your brainpower. Get too little and you put yourself at higher risk of a range of diseases and conditions.
Poor quality and duration of sleep can cause several effects:
- Greater risk for health problems and diseases
- Reduced efficiency and productivity in the workplace
- Affect judgment, mood, ability to learn and retain information
Conversely, research shows that sufficient, quality sleep provides myriad benefits:
- Improve your overall wellbeing and quality of life
- Help you perform better—and more safely—in work and school
- Strengthen your memory
- Prevent vascular complications such as hypertension, heart disease and stroke